Friday, May 16, 2008

Brand New!

Welcome! I'm making this blog to post about my upcoming trip to Turkey and anything that relates.

Down to business!

First of all, Here's where I'll be.
Izmir Ekonomi Universitesi
is where i will be studying/living. I wish i could do a homestay, but that isn't an option for this trip. Bummer, dude. Also, i wish i knew how to make the special characters that Turkish uses. Oh well.
Next! Pictures:
This here is a map. Izmir used to be the city called Smyrna, which some of you may be more familiar with. I dunno. To the left just a hair is the Aegean sea. (By a hair i mean on the other side of that peninsula)







This is Downtown Izmir.













This a sunset looking out over the Aegean Sea.














Ok, that's enough of that. The purpose of my trip is to learn to speak Turkish. The Department of State is paying for the whole thing. I don't know that it gets much better than this.
I've got all of my papers and things in order, now I'm just playing the waiting game. I leave in 4.5 weeks.

No comments: